10 Ways to Keep Skin Healthy This Summer
The shining sun this season encourages people to spend more time outside the house whether to go swimming, play outdoors, or do some gardening. However, while it is great to bask under the sun, we must always remember to keep our skin protected to avoid getting sunburned and dehydrated.
Here’s sharing 10 tips on caring for your skin this summer:
1. Drink water often as the heat of the sun can make you feel tired more easily. Stay hydrated because water keeps skin cells plump and less prone to dryness.
2. Use sunscreen products. Apply them on your chest, back, arms, and face to avoid sun damage of the skin that leads to pigmentation and aging due to UV exposure. For the face, you may opt to apply sunblock or invest in a foundation or BB cream that already includes SPF.
3. Wear sunglasses with UV protection because it is hard to apply sunblock on the eyelids, and they can also get sunburned!
4. Put on a hat, preferably a wide-brimmed one. Even if you have already applied sunscreen, remember that the sun can shine on you at different angles.
5. Clean your face twice a day. Washing your face in the morning removes oils and residue from your overnight products plus the oil produced while you sleep; it also prepares your skin for the day. At night, washing the face cleans the skin of all free radicals, oils, and makeup to allow it time to breathe and rejuvenate overnight.
6. Avoid too much exfoliation. Removing dead skin cells is a good way to clear the pores of dirt and oils much easier. Exfoliating also helps maintain healthy skin, making it feel smoother. However, excessive exfoliating can led to skin becoming dry, flaky, and irritated so many dermatologists recommend doing this only once a week.
7. Get enough sleep. Do not dismiss the term “beauty sleep” as just a phrase because a good night’s sleep will prevent your skin from looking pasty which makes you appear haggard and stressed.
8. Avoid eating processed and salty food as well as alcohol as these tend to dehydrate the body and make skin dry. Remember that clean eating is essential to having a healthy mind, body, and beautiful skin.
Speaking of healthy eating, make sure to try Nurture Wellness Village’s Farm Dining Experience during Saturdays and Sundays from 10AM to 4PM. Get to taste our delicious breakfast sets, snacks, appetizers, soups, salads, chicken, beef, fish, vegetables, desserts, and healing juices made with ingredients from the Nurture Farmacy. Slots are strictly for reservation only.